Write Max a Note or Share a photo at: Maxwell . McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 26, 2016

September 26, 2016 Wow! I've been here a long time now

Kære Familie,

This was another really good week! I got to see a lot of really great friends. Both missionaries and members! This week we had stake conference in Århus. Let me tell you about a stake conference out here. They're amazing! Members of the church from all over half the country drive all the way to Århus and the church rents out the main concert hall in the city. There is seriously so many amazing members there and also the 40 missionaries in the stake. Everyone runs around seeing old friends and then the talks and testimonies are always really good. It is seriously one of my favorite things, Jylland Stake Conferences. I got to see friends from Aalborg, Odense, and Aarhus. I was amazed because there were actually a few people from Aalborg that even remembered my name. I feel so blessed with how tight missionaries and members are here in Denmark! They are all huge examples to me. It was awesome to talk with them :)

One crazy thing was how long I've known some of these people. This one girl and I realized that the first time we met was a year and a half ago when she skyped us missionaries in the MTC. Time really flies on the mission. Last year this time I was running around Aarhus like a madman with Elder Sakurada and now its already been a year. I've made so many great friends here! 

On a spiritual note I found a sripture I really like Romans 8:28 "and we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose." in my mind thats kind of what faith allows you to believe, that everything in your life, every experience enjoyable or not, will eventually be for your good. I don't believe we're just subjects to unfortunate circumstances or that God sometimes just teases us by making life hard. Its all for a purpose. The stake President said in his talk that Jesus often stopped to teach those that followed him instead of going straight to the destination. He then said this is still how he teaches those that follow him, sometimes I trial is sent so that we stop and can be taught. Brilliant. I love that idea. 

I love you guys! Keep on "churching" Mom its good for ya. ;)

MKH
Ældste McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment