Write Max a Note or Share a photo at: Maxwell . McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 19, 2016

September 19, 2016 We're Staying!

Kære Familie,

Transfer day was this morning and I didn't have to move a single suitcase! That's right Elder Gardner and I are staying together. We were both pretty excited! :) Everything is just going really well here. M--- has a goal to be baptized on the 8th of Oktober! We're very happy for her, she is just loving it! Other things are going really well here as well. We have been so blessed.

Two of my old companions got transferred into our zone today to be district leaders so it will be really fun to work with them again! They're good guys, Elder Weese and Elder Magleby. Our zone is now 4 districts with a total of 26 missionaries. They're all studs. 

Another fun story. There was a baptism on Iceland last week! It was held in a swimming pool in a little city at the very north of the island, a place called Akureyi. The first baptism in that city in 20 years. Extra cool, I got to meet her once while she was in Selfoss for a little while. We had a lesson and she was just incredible. 

Another fun thing. We went to a city called Sønderborg for splits! It is the southern most area in the mission! I was on splits with a missionary in his first transfer Elder Burgin. While we were out knocking we met the sponsor of a handball team. I started talking to him about handball and then I just asked him for tickets! Dad you should be proud! He said tentatively ya and then ran back in the house to get his business card. By the end of our convo he was actually pretty pumped, he kept laughing and saying "nobody is going to believe me when I tell them this story". So Elder Gardner and I left that night and the next day Sønderborg got swiped in on the main sponsor's season tickets to the opening game of the season on the second row. Ya I got some cool zone leader points that day haha :)

But ya this whole transfer was just amazing! This next weekend we have stake conference in Århus and I'm excited because I'll get to see people from 3 of my old areas! 

Hope you all have a great week! I love you!

MKH
Ældste McBride

This awesome guy in our ward loves Arizona! Loves it!

Sønderborg!

No comments:

Post a Comment