Write Max a Note or Share a photo at: Maxwell . McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29, 2016 What's Hoppin' in Holbæk

Kære Familie,

We had a great first week together here in Holbæk! (Its pronounced like Hole-beck just fyi haha). It is a teeny tiny city but really really pretty! We live super close to the Fjord and we drive past some gorgeous scenery going over to Roskilde (think raw-ski-la) for church or around some other parts of our area. It's really really awesome! Its a huge change from Århus though because its so tiny and peaceful and there's not nearly as many young people! Sometimes if you stop old ladies on the street or just talk to them in general they answer by saying something that sounds like "Wababaha" which isn't actually a word at all, but it basically translates to "what?huh?Whats going on?" but all smushed into one word. Sometimes its hard not to laugh haha! But yes Holbæk is great and the ward is pretty solid too! There are a ton of members for a Danish ward like over 100! I met a bunch of them and I just felt really blessed to be able to start a new place when I can already speak Danish! Aalborg, Odense, and even at the start of Århus I really couldn't communicate with people very easily so it was awesome to start without having to worry about that hahah! I even had to sing in the choir yesterday and unfortunately my singing skills have not improved on my mission! 

Also, while we were out knocking this week we met and started teaching this awesome guy from Romania! We also met a guy from Bosnia who said he could be willing to meet. Bosnia! Add that to the list of countries eh! We also knocked on this one door and this Syrian family let us in then using google translate on the dad's smart phone we explained from Danish to Arabic that we were there to give them a book that is God's word. At one point he even just scanned the cover of the Book of Mormon with his smart phone and it translated the text directly to Arabic, I have never seen anything cooler happen.  It felt like a sci fi film. Technology has gotten so fancy and here I am still writing stuff down in a little paper calender haha.

Ældste Magleby and I are having a great time together and we have set some great goals for our companionship and are definitely motivated enough to reach them so I'm excited! We're gonna crush it oh ya! Sorry this letter just kind of became a random train of thought I hope it ends up understandable!

Oh and hey Mom to answer your question about the Bible! Its all in there, basically all the important stuff is in there! I have been doing studies lately where I just memorize a lot of Bible references and the doctrinal points they back up, some of them are super specific. For example Ephesians 4 explains exactly the how and why of Christ having a church or Hebrews talks all about the Priesthood and like a million places talk about Baptism being done properly. The Bible is awesome. I use it a lot in teaching because most people that believe in Christianity connect really well to it.

I love you guys! Isaac is the man for chugging that stuff! Hej Hej!

Ældste McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment