Write Max a Note or Share a photo at: Maxwell . McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 28, 2016

November 28, 2016 Happy Thanksgiving

Kære Familie,

It sounds like you all had an awesome Thanksgiving with a heavy dose of American! Over here Thanksgiving would have been a totally normal day, but we got some American going by eating at Burger King. Also the senior missionaries, Elder and Sister Yates threw a Thanksgiving party so we got all the good stuff! They are so cool. We had a bunch of our friends come to it too. It was awesome because more than half of the people at Thanksgiving weren't from America and it was their first time celebrating it! Hooray for America! Fun fact, Danes love Black Friday so the shops were packed with people. 

For this week I'll just share a story about a new friend I've made. I think that is the coolest part of my mission is the friends I've made from all over the world. My new friend's name is V--- and he is from Romania. He has a thick black beard and walked into the church this Sunday wearing jeans and a bright red t-shirt. I introduced myself to him and we started talking. I asked him what brought him to church that day and without hesitation he said, "to worship God of course".  A couple minutes later I found out he was a member of the church that recently moved to Denmark. But this guy just keeps getting cooler. I sat down next to him during sacrament meeting and right before the meeting starts he looks at me and says "one second, I've got to get something" but instead of standing up he just pulls a worn, well read book of mormon basically out of thin air. So fast. He had it tucked into his belt behind his back hidden under his shirt. He is a really funny guy! As we kept talking I learned more about his story. He met missionaries on Cyprus (part of the Athens Greece mission) and was baptized in the Mediterranean Sea. He quickly became part of the branch presidency there. On his first trip to the temple in Kyiv Ukraine he met his wife, also from Romania, who was on a temple trip at the same time. Later they were married in that same temple and he moved back to Romania where he became the branch president. He told me stories of baptisms he had done in the Black Sea! He has just moved to a city about half an hour from Fredericia, Kolding and without knowing Danish and with a map he drew on a scrap of paper he found his way to Fredericia by train and then walked the rest of the way to the church building. V--- is the man! 

I love you family! Have fun starting the Christmas season over there! We've been in full force for about two weeks now :) I'm so excited for Danish Christmas again, that was the best last year!

Glædelig Jul,
Ældste McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment