Write Max a Note or Share a photo at: Maxwell . McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 7, 2016

November 7, 2016 Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Kære Familie,

Week 13 of Elder McBride and Elder Gardner in Fredericia was great! Right after we sat down to write it started snowing outside, first snow of the season!! They don't do Thanksgiving here, so we are allowed to really start getting ready for Christmas. It has started to get much colder here so I was really surprised to see pictures of you guys at the lake, so fun :) What is the temperature back home? Its been in the 40s most of this week I think.

3 Nephi 18: 18-21 is a great scripture. Especially verse 20. "And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you." Its pretty incredible that God, the most important being in the whole universe, will take the time to listen to us. Not just listen, but He has asked us to ask Him for things. He will give us anything we ask as long as its good and we have the right intentions. Pretty cool doctrine I think. It made me think a lot this week especially since we helped a lady pray out loud for the first time in her life and you could tell she didn't take that communication with God for granted! I've asked for a bunch of stuff on my mission and God always finds a way to bless me if I do my part.

Some other fun stuff. There is a young man in the ward that comes out to teach with us all the time and he is waiting to get his mission call in the mail. Its been like 4 weeks and there has hardly gone a day where we haven't called him to ask him if he's gotten it yet haha. We've been telling him he's going to get sent to Mesa! 

Elder Gardner and I also painted a wall in the middle of a salon during business hours. The surprising part is we actually did a good job! Not professional painters but pretty close. I only got a tiny bit on the roof by accident :)  

Also one of the sisters' investigators gave me a sweet tie and came to church for the first time ever in a suit! He usually wears these animal t-shirts, but yesterday he said to me basically "well you did say I should wear a tie someday, so I thought it was about time" My tie has polar bears on it with cool hats. 

Well my goal for this week is to try not to freeze. Wish me luck! I love you! Have a great week!

Ældste McBride

SNOW!!!

My friend Bob the turtle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment