Write Max a Note or Share a photo at: Maxwell . McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 22, 2016

August 22, 2016 Another Fantastic week in Fredericia

Kære Family,

Life is so good! We're just cruising out here! To celebrate the Olympics Elder Gardner and I went on a 5k run with a Kenyan woman! That was so fun! I heard the US just dominated this time around. Go team! There are just some really good things happening here. I'm clicking really well with the ward and the city is pretty cool. One funny story was that this week a teenager from Mesa moved into the ward. She's got family in Denmark. I think she was a little surprised to find out that both elders were also from Mesa. You can't escape apparently haha! 

I'm feeling really old in the mission because at the zone conference this week, there were only two missionaries in the whole room, president and senior couples included, who had been in the mission longer than me. Weird because I've got a long time left! 

But ya this week we got to go back to Århus!!! The first time in 6 months! That place just feels like home. I figured it out and since I left for college after senior year I haven't lived in any one place continuously longer than in Århus! So many awesome memories there haha. It feels weird looking back that far on my mission because everything was so different when I first rolled into that place a year ago! Anyways it sure was good to be back. 

The conference was pretty touching because President O'Bryant has to go home and get a heart surgery, he's actually in the states right now. So we're acting under a temporary mission president who was one of our office senior missionaries. He's awesome. President O'Bryant shared with us all a blessing he received from a seventy about the whole situation, it was really powerful. 

I love this mission so much. It is 100% the exact place I need to be. I've been blessed that somehow after the Icelandic adventure it made my Danish better. I have no idea how it happened. I love Danish. Anyway I could go on and on about how cool missions are but I'll save it for some other time!

You'll have to tell Alec I said hi! Also that is so sweet that they chose to be baptized! Awesome! I'm glad to hear you are all doing so well! I love you guys!

Med Kærlig Hilsen
Ældste McBride


Aarhus! With the missionary I mostly trained who is now finishing the training of this other missionary! My grandson! He's actually a Dane but just waiting on his Visa to go to the Provo mission! Pretty cool!
Also this is the ocean. In Denmark!
This is me cheering in the elevator after a lesson! Actually the lesson didn't go very well at all but sometimes you just gotta fist pump anyway ya know? :)
This is the sweet moat (mote?) that goes around the wall of Fredericia! It is so pretty on a perfect summer day!


No comments:

Post a Comment