Write Max a Note or Share a photo at: Maxwell . McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 14, 2016

March 14, 2016 Zombie Weather

Dear Family,

the past few days here in Holbæk have been really foggy! One cold night we were biking and took this trail through some fields. It was completely dark except for the lights on our bikes and the moonlight shining eerily through the fog. It was like we were biking through a Walking Dead set and I couldn't help imagine the fields being filled with zombies haha! It was really awesome and really creepy! I know its dumb, but I miss Walking Dead haha!

Even better than the cool zombie bike ride was that Elder Magleby and I had an awesome week! We're working really well together! We met and started teaching this very sincere young guy who is willing to pray, read, and meet! He even texted us to get a Book of Mormon before the appointment! Our first lesson went really really well and he seemed excited to meet again! He's so positive, we've got some really high hopes for him :) This week we also got to go on splits with the ZLs! That means I got to spend a day in Slagelse with Elder Bradshaw! We had a really fun day, Elder Gudmensen played the bagpipes to contact people (he's legitimately a pro on the bagpipes!) That was really cool! Elder Bradshaw and I met this Chinese guy who wrote out for us his entire address in Chinese which was really sweet! It was just an all around good day, we even ate the Carl's Jr. that's in their area haha! 

I get so jealous of all your trips, holy cow! But thats ok 25th anniversaries are a big deal in Denmark, they call it sølvbryllup Silver anniversary! Gold is 50th anniversary. Belize sounds really really epic! Want to know something crazy? I hit my year mark next week! that's nuts! Current stats: 3.5 pairs of shoes destroyed, 0 nametags lost (still got the originals what up!), 4 areas, 6 companions, 2 frying pans purchased, 3 pairs of pants that I need to sew, about 4 pullups on a good day, and a whole lot of fun! Tell Isaac I'm really happy for his prayers, they help a lot! My prayers are kind of like, "Please help Cole and Ike that they can have a lot of fun and that they won't be knuckleheads while they grow up" haha :)

Besides that thanks for the package! I ate all of the cadbury eggs already, but I'm saiving the brownies until my actual anniversary! :) I love you guys! 

MKH
Ældste McBride

P.S. I'm probably going to buy some Eccos in the hope that they last through the second year. Also I think I need to pay a ticket that I might have gotten back in Odense. There's been problems with missionaries being allowed to visit Denmark after the mission and I don't want any of those haha :)

Proof that I fought zombies!

No comments:

Post a Comment