Write Max a Note or Share a photo at: Maxwell . McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 14, 2015

December 14, 2015 Han skal hjem og opereres

Kære Familie,
This week was another odd week. The decision was made that Ældste Ericksen would head home to get surgery on his toe spend the rest of the transfer recovering and is planned to come back Jan 10. It won't be to Århus however so I don't really know when the next time I'll see him is. It's pretty sad really, nobody should have to kill their son. He handled it all very calmly, but seemed really determined to get back out! I'm sure he'll come back because Denmark was always his dream mission call! On the plus side we took a sweet picture recreating Abraham and Isaac with one of the assisstants as the angel. On the negative side Ældste Ericksen had the thing I've been using to send pics so you don't get to see it :(
My new companion is Ældste Bishopp! He's from Seattle Washington, was at BYU the same time as me, is the youngest of 8 kids, and came to the land one transfer after me! He was serving in the heart of København before I kidnapped and took him to Jylland. We were actually in CPH for a few days because a guy that Ældste Bishopp taught got baptized. It's always great to see someone get baptized! That was only the 4th one I've seen personally in Denmark!
So in the midst of all this Ældste Bishopp and I were called as the new Family history missionaries replacing the sisters that were doing it. That will be an interesting assignment.

Anyways I love you all very much! I received the Pre-Christmas package hahaha. His name is Nick the Nisse! Nisse is basically the word for christmas elves here in Denmark and they are everywhere in members homes! I'll try to find a nativity or maybe a Nisse but I'll be honest I don't know if I'll really have enough time to shop it out and send it off :( I feel a little bad but I didn't think about Christmas far enough in advance. By the way will you thank Brother Holt for the Christmas package and ask him if he designed the card game that was in it.
Glædelig Jul,
Ældste McBride


Recreating the scene of Abraham and Isaac

Good Luck Elder Ericksen!!!  Wishing you a speedy recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment