Write Max a Note or Share a photo at: Maxwell . McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 23, 2015

November 23, 2015 Snowstorm!!!

Kære Familie,

What an awesome week this was! Biggest news, Sunday morning we woke up to snow! Ya it snowed and then while we were in church it snowed a lot more! It was crazy probably almost a foot in just a few hours! So it is officially cold now and I am officially freezing but that is ok haha. We have a zone conference Thanksgiving event here in Århus in a few days and there will be Thanksgiving food and we will play football so that will be pretty fun. So Ældste Ericksen was in København basically this entire week for his one month training which was way different from how it was when I hit one month so I was with Ældste Gardner (Mountain View boy) for most of the week! We had a blast. 

Ok so best story of the week! I'm a fan of doing this thing I call wander contacting.  Essentially how it works is that sometimes you set a block of time aside that is a little too long to be comfortable.  That way you really have to rely on the Lord and then you walk and wander and talk to anyone you see on the way. We try to go as best we can by the Spirit.  That's why we give it so much time.  That way if you're not really in tune, you'll still get there eventually hopefully haha. Anyway its a little quirky and definitely tough, not exactly something for everyone, but for me I like it a lot because it helps to force me to rely on God. Haha I think I have some weird missionary work theories, but oh well. So we did this for all the time we had after dinner Wednesday until 9! The day had been going great and it was about 8 o clock, totally dark, in a part of the city I had never been and it was beginning to rain. We said a way specific prayer that we could meet our goal and then the very next person we talked to turned into an amazing chat. We said a prayer with him right then, the first prayer he has been a part of for 8 years. Sunday he came to church. His name is J---. Prayer is a real thing!

To add to my people I've met internationally list. Macedonia, Greece, Poland, Sri Lanka, and Sierra Leone!

By the way we didn't have any worries over here in Århus in relation to the Paris attacks. It led to some interesting conversations with the muslim people over here. It's interesting, they run into the same problems with the Koran that the Christian world runs into with the Bible, everyone just takes it their own way. 

I love you guys so much and I'm looking way forward to skyping at Christmas! I love you all so much! 

MKH
Ældste McBride

P.S. I fasted for Austen last Tuesday. It was a very reverent thing for me.  I've never fasted for a more specific reason and been more sincere about it in my life. I asked the people we met with to pray for him when we met with them and I think it helped many of them to see the importance of prayer. I'm glad to hear he's doing a better now. I love that guy!










No comments:

Post a Comment