Write Max a Note or Share a photo at: Maxwell . McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015 Arrival in Denmark: Planes, Trains, Audi R8's, and Bikes (Stolen)

It was so fun talking with you all yesterday! I wish I could have heard my brothers' talks! Cole is such a little stud and Sam is going to be a wonderful missionary! The first week in the land has been great! the name of my first area is Aalborg by the way (pronounced all bore)

I'll try and explain a little bit better about my day to day life really quickly right now! So we wake up at 6:30 every morning and jog down to the fjord by our apartment which is crazy pretty and then we go to this workout park thing with a bunch of weird bodyweight workout epuipment things which is pretty funny and not very effective! Then we go home,  which is an apartment on the 4th floor which I think makes it tied for highest apartment in the Mission woohoo! We have a bedroom, a tiny kitchen, bathroom, and an actually pretty big living room/study area! It's really nice compared to what I've heard about some other apartments. Then we study for about 3 hours until 11 and we go out for a few hours. Usually we come back around 1 for lunch and then I do language study for an hour and then we're out again til dinner and then out again til 9 when we have to be home. Out just means contacting on the street, knocking doors, stopping by peoples apartments, or hopefully teaching lessons!

The Danish people are really nice but they are for the most part completely apathetic about religion! On the train to Aalborg I made friends with some college students sitting close to us and they were totally happy to talk to me until I explained I was a missionary and then they stiffened up but oh well! About half the lessons missionaries teach here are to non-danish people living in Denmark. The members here are really awesome! including the one that picked me up in an Audi R8 from the train station haha! Church was really tough though because I couldn't even get the main ideas really out of any talk or lesson! The language is coming really well though! Ældste Bateman is a great teacher! Lots of Danish people say "you're name's batman?" when they meet him which is pretty funny.

Anyways I don't know how to send pictures from here yet but next week I'll do a lot! I love you all so much!

Kærlighed,
Ældste McBride (My name is pretty funny to hear Danes say! hahaha Ældste Mackbreed is what it sounds like)


With his trainer, AEldste Bateman and President and Sister Sederholm
Vi ses MTC group!
Ya this place is real! Nyhavn!
Just arriving to the apartment in style no big deal!
Me and my first Danish Kroner! Its like 7 kroner to 1 USD or something
Just a usual gorgeous Danish street!



No comments:

Post a Comment