1. I'm holding up good! Missionary work is actually way fun!
2. My 2nd Sunday, I had to give a talk på Dansk! All the missionaries had to give short little talks and I stood up and gave a 3 minute talk on relying on God! It was a little scary but I'm told I have way good Danish for a greenie and all the members told me after they were way surprised because they could understand what I was saying so that was a way huge victory for me!
3. My mailing address in Aalborg is
Herluf Trolles Gade 34,3 tv
9000 Aalborg, Denmark
4. My birthday package did catch up to me when we went to zone training in Århus and then Ældste Bateman and i had splits with the ZLs after so I was able to share some prized American oreos with that appartment! they live in a 4 elder appt. but then we rushed the next morning to leave so I may have accidentally left it in Århus and will get it in a few weeks :) It was really nice and I jumped for joy at the taco seasoning!
5. There are 6 missionaries in Aalborg in 3 apartments! Sister Reed, Sister Williams, Æ Bateman and I, and then Æ Hafen (our DL) with Æ Gudmondson! We are with each other at church, some eating appointments, and sometimes with the sisters for lessons!
Ok this week went really good! We found my bike that was stolen!! We were walking along and Æ Bateman says "hey that looks like your bike" and it turned out to be my bike and we stole it back and now I have a bike again! It does rain a lot here but I don't mind because it doen't rain hard really it's more like a misty rain and so I'm fine in just a sweater! This week we taught our friend A--- in the hospital again! We also taught these two atheists who are studying to be religion teachers who are firmly set in the opinion that you can't prove God exists but also that you can't prove He doesn't exist so we just kind of talked in circles for a while but at least it was in English! We also taught a girl named C--- who is a normal college student who has been taught for a long time and we're pretty sure knows its all true but has never been able to really take the leap so we have high hopes for that! Besides that we had two splits this week one with Æ Gudmondson which was way fun because he's only three months in the land so between the two of us we don't understand a whole ton of Danish! We knocked doors for like 3 or 4 hours straight and had a lot of really funny experiences! Sadly not a whole lot of spiritual or finding experiences but you never know who will answer the door! Even a very very large hungover old lady without pants might answer! My splits with Æ Wright, the ZL was really fun too. All we really did was contact but we had a couple of really good convos with people, often Jehovas witnesses. First thing they should teach danish missionaries is the question "er i jehovas vidner?" Are you jehovah's witnesses because we get asked that all the time! We were talking to one who said he's read everything about Christ and I whipped out a Mormons Bog lightning fast and said well have you read this? Its all about Christ! He took it and said he'd read it but thats in Århus so I won't know if anything happens. Besides that this week we just had a lot of potentials fall through but oh well, the area is still on the way up and i feel like something big is coming.
It's crazy that Diana is married! In Danish poison and to marry is the same word so thats the optimistic Danish thought of the day hahah! Tell them congrats from me! Also party planning sounds like a perfect job for you Mom! that would be really fun!
I'm so excited for Sam! He's almost through the hardest part of the MTC! I've been praying really hard for him and I hope he got my gift I left for him! What is his mission email? Just firstname.lastname@example.org? Anyway he's going to be a stud because he already knows how to work hard!
Ok well that's about it I'll add some pictures with some captions! I just want to say I love you all and I hope everything is going great back at home! I love seeing pictures of you guys every week! Also with Sam I don't mind if you send all the happenings back home to us in one email and then if you have something individual you want to add you can send that too!
Jeg elsker i,
|There are giant fields of bright yellow flowers in bloom right now so the Aalborg missionaries took a quick frolick break!|
|Danish pastries are absolutely insanely ridiculously good. One is chokolade trekant (chocolate triangle)|
and the other is a smorkant I think, which is like "butter wreath" translated or something.
|ya Modest Mouse is coming Arhus so way jealous of that! |
Also Royal Bloods is coming and Muse is coming somewhere in Denmark!