Write Max a Note or Share a photo at: Maxwell . McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 13, 2017

February 13, 2017 What a Week!

Kære Familie,

We had snow!! This week was pretty cold for Denmark (so not actually that cold, but still). It snowed on Tuesday and Wednesday and then most of it has melted now. The best part is that the sun has been out the past couple days. I don't know how missionaries in New York could handle all that! Sammy has much tougher weather than I do. But we survived. 

Good things are happening here in Copenhagen! It is fun to be in the big city. We take subway like trains all the time they're called S-tog. We're always running back and forth to the middle of Copenhagen and out where we live on those things. 

I had a lot of crazy experiences this week, but I really have no idea how to explain them over email. I'll just summarize and say that I went on the craziest splits of my entire mission last Friday with one of the assistants. It was so funny! 

We got a lot of good things coming up in the next few weeks! :) On Saturday, Elder Erickson and I got called by the bishopric and asked to give talks, so yesterday, with one day of prep, we spoke in church. It went pretty well. My topic was "Jesus Christ, Savior of the World" and Elder Erickson's was "Jesus Christ, My Savior". Pretty cool topics if you ask me! I loosened up everybody at the start of my talk by explaining that when I prepare for talks, I get tons of good ideas and think of lots of good scriptures and then I try to write them down and realize that they don't all connect very well. Then I mentioned the second challenge is that even after I get something written down, it is really tough to read if you have bad handwriting! 

Mom and Dad you sure are lucky sitting in your hut tub in Mexico ;) just kidding, I honestly wouldn't trade places with you guys. We've been having such a great time! Thanks for signing me up for classes! That is so weird to say. I have to go back to college. Those trips sound so cool! It will be fun! :)

I love you!

Knus
Ældste McBride

4 comments: