Write Max a Note or Share a photo at: Maxwell . McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 24, 2016

October 24, 2016 Lej Godt!

Kære Familie,

In fun news,We went to Legoland this week!!! That made me miss the little bros a lot but it was sweet. LEGO is a shortening of the phrase Lej Godt which means play well! I'm going to send you all a postcard from there here in a bit. It was a lot of fun :) 

In other news, Elder Gardner and I have been on splits a lot lately! We did 4 splits in 8 days which was crazy. Busy busy. One of my favorites was that Elder Weese, my comp from Holbæk came. He is hilarious! I love him to death! He has grown a ton since we left each other. He made us go to a running sushi restaurant which was awesome. I had no idea sushi tasted so good! 

In M--- news, she is still doing great. She sent us a text saying how her friends were starting to follow her example so instead of clubbing that chat and drink wine and she drinks juice. :) She's got it.

In boldness news, I've got a story. I was on splits with a younger missionary and I took him to go stop by somebody. A different guy than I was expecting answered the door and we started talking. I asked him what he believed in and he looked at me dead in the eyes and said he was a Satanist. I think he was expecting me to be a little more shocked but I've been doing this missionary thing for a while so I didn't really get phased. I looked at him straight in the eyes and asked how that happened to him and why he would ever do that. He told me he just likes Satan more than God and he has even read the satanist bible. He was really trying to freak us out. I asked him if he wanted to know the truth about Jesus Christ and God. He said sure bring it, I don't think he actually expected that we had anything to say about it haha. I told him that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to have true lasting happiness in this life and after this life. Then I told him that Satan doesn't want him to be happy at all. He responded by saying he was happy. I told him he wouldn't be if he kept following Satan (should be a no brainer right). Then we politely shook hands and went on with the day. I think the missionary I was on splits with was pretty surprised by the whole encounter. The least I could do was to tell that guy the truth!

In future news, we have a member of the Europe Area Presidency visiting the mission this week! I got invited to be interviewed by him. 10 minutes one on one with a seventy. It should be sweet, I'm a little nervous.

In international news, we have a new investigator from Greece. Still working on getting some greek food ;)

That's about all the news I got! Thanks for sending me the news from back home with all of you! Sounds like you guys are prepared for Halloween, I'm excited to see the costumes! I love you!

Knus
Ældste McBride

We made pumpkins with the youth in Fredericia! Dad you'd be proud mine is the one throwing up!


No comments:

Post a Comment