Write Max a Note or Share a photo at: Maxwell . McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, July 18, 2016

July 18, 2016 Another Week Another Mountain

Iceland is seriously so epic! Right after we wrote last week we climbed a mountain that overlooks Selfoss! At the top there was this moss that feels better than a temperpedic mattress. We almost took a nap laying in some moss on a mountain while looking out over a river running into the ocean!
We had a great week! We had a first lesson with a nice couple we knocked into which went pretty well and we even set up an appointment with the first person I gave an Icelandic Book of Mormon to! We're hoping for the best! We also visited the first convert on Iceland after missionary work was re opened! She's the one who translated the Book of Mormon into Icelandic in 1980! Pretty amazing huh! We also had zone conference! An area 70 came and he was really nice Elder Pills from Germany! It was totally different getting trained by a 70 and the mission president with only 8 elders! We learned a lot!

I got two compliments this week that I've never ever gotten before. One was that a member said I must have played soccer before and was sincerely surprised when I said only on my mission. The second was this guy at a 2nd hand store we volunteer at sometimes told me I have a really nice smile! Well I've heard that once or twice but then he added on. "Yes you have a very nice smile like you should be in the pictures to sell ice cream!" Apparently I have the face and smile to be an ice cream model! I guess I won't be needing the business degree from BYU after all haha. We told that story to a member family here and now I'm known for my "ice cream smile" haha.

Life is good! Its good to see pics of you guys having a blast at Lake Powell! I miss swimming! I miss Cole and Ike too. Finn and Jake are still standing on my desk but I gave B-Mo to one of my best mission buddies!

I love you all
Öldundgur McBride







No comments:

Post a Comment